COVID-19: Next Phase
During this next phase of Covid-19, Belair Medical aims to continue to provide the best medical care to our patients, whilst keeping everyone safe. As such, we have put in place the following protocol in line with SA Health’s COVID-19 exposure risk assessment.
- When you phone for a consult, you will be asked a number of screening questions to ensure we keep our patients and staff safe.
- All patients will be offered a phone, video or face to face consult. We encourage tele-health for straight-forward consultations.
- If a face to face consult is needed:
- All unvaccinated patients, including children and all patients with respiratory symptoms (cough, runny nose, fever) will be seen at 20 Main Rd.
- All immunised patients will be seen at 16 Main Rd.
- Whenever possible please try to attend alone. If you are bringing children or another support person with you, please let the reception staff know.
- You will need to use the QR code or complete a contact trace form.
- Please bring your fully charged phone to any face to face consultations and notify the receptionist when you arrive. The doctor will either conduct the first part of the consult on the phone or tell you when they are ready for you to come into the building.
- If you, or your children, have any respiratory symptoms please arrange for a Covid swab and book a telephone or video consult in the first instance with your doctor. Belair Medical staff will triage ALL patients with respiratory issues such as cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, cold or flu like symptoms.
- Once you have returned a negative swab the doctor will determine a management plan based on your individual circumstance.
- Only patients who have been seen face to face in the past 12 months at the surgery are eligible for telephone or video consults.
- Currently it is also a government requirement to wear a mask, preferably a surgical mask, whilst in the surgery.
We ask you be patient with the staff who are under significant pressure with these new rules.
All phone and video consultations incur normal fees.
Thank you for your cooperation.
What to do if you have Symptoms
If you have respiratory symptoms, please phone the surgery to make an appointment for a telephone consultation with a doctor. If you are severely unwell call 000 for an ambulance or go directly to hospital.