This page has a range of information to help you prior to making an appointment with us.
MON – FRI 8:30AM – 5:30PM
SATURDAY 8:30AM – 11:30AM
Download and complete the New Patient Registration form below to save time when you arrive.
- Consultations are booked at 15 minute intervals.
- 30 minute consultations are required for a full check-up, counselling, a procedure or multiple problems. Please let staff know if you require a longer appointment.
- Patients are encouraged to advise staff if a translating service will be required.
- Patients are encouraged to request their preferred GP.
- Please let the receptionist know if your appointment is for an urgent matter.
Maximum notice of cancellations allows us to allocate the time to someone else. Cancellation fees are charged if inadequate notice of a cancellation is given.
Belair Medical recalls patients for a variety of conditions including Pap smears, chronic conditions, and preventive health checks.
Information regarding Pap smears, Mammograms and Childhood Immunisation are recorded on a state register that also sends appropriate recalls.
Our doctors regularly visit Kalyra Aged Care Facility for low and high care patients.
While we encourage patients to visit the surgery for medical care, home visits can be made if necessary.
Patients are required to make an appointment for repeat prescriptions. However, on some occasions your doctor may be able to write a repeat prescription with no consultation in which case a fee will apply.
Patients are required to make an appointment to discuss results of tests.
Patients are required to make an appointment for medical specialist or allied health care referrals.
Doctors generally recommend specialists with whom they are most familiar, but are happy to refer to your nominated specialist.
- Patients are encouraged to pay on the day. Through our Tyro machine medicare rebates can be refunded to your account at the time of payment.
- Fees are based on the duration and complexity of the consultation.
- Consultations for pensioners, health care card holders and children under 16 are bulk-billed.
- Contact the surgery for more details on the fee schedule.
Phone and email communication
Your doctor may be contacted by phone during normal opening hours. The Receptionist will take your initial call, ascertain some detail and relay your request to the doctor. If appropriate, the doctor may return your call, or ask the Receptionist to relay a message, or recommend you make an appointment.
To maintain patient privacy and confidentiality and to prevent delays in responding, we do not accept or return email messages.
After Hours Care
If an emergency Dial 000 or go to your nearest public hospital.
A phone call to Belair Medical after hours will give you a recorded message with phone numbers for our after hours locum service.
Alternatively, for after hours care see below:
- National Home Doctor Service on 13 74 25 (for a home visit)
- Family Home Doctors 1300 695 628 or book online https://familyhomedoctor.com.au/ (for a home visit)
- MedVisit Home Doctor Service on 1300 3733 47 (for a home visit)